Strawberry Lush Dessert— but make it layer cake.
Layers upon LAYERS of vanilla cake, Golden Oreos, Vanilla Pudding, Cool Whip, Cream Cheese, and Strawberries. HELLO!
- Cake #1 of my “Cakes With Pudding In It” series. If you have a better name for this series PLEASE tell me in the comment section! 😂
- Strawberry Lush Layer Cake is a refreshing twist on my BEST Vanilla Cake Recipe.
This site contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I may make a small commission if you purchase a product using those links (Thank you!!). This in no way affects my opinion of those products and services. All opinions expressed on this site are my own.
Strawberry Lush Layer Cake At A Glance
Why You’ll Love It
What You’ll Need
Other baking essential
Here are some additional tools to upgrade all of your bakes!
Let’s Skip the Fluff and Get to the Lush.
I won’t bore you with a tale of how our family came to love Strawberry Lush Dessert. Let’s just get straight to the cake making!
In this post I’m going to outline the key components of the Strawberry Lush Layer Cake as well as the assembly.
For a full tutorial on assembling this cake, check out my Video Tutorial Here!
- The BASE recipe that you’ll need for this cake is right here. We will be modifying the recipe slightly to include Golden Oreos in the batter + an Oreo crust on top of the cake layers!
- Follow all of the steps in that recipe post but once you’ve made the cake batter— PAUSE and come back here and follow the instructions below before baking!!
- Once you make up your vanilla cake batter, fold in 15 crushed Golden Oreos.
- Pour the cake batter into your baking pans and top with a light handful of crushed Golden Oreos.
- Lightly press the crust into the cake layers.
- Continue on and bake as instructed in the Vanilla Cake Recipe Post.
- Chill layers completely before assembling cake!
- For the “Lush” filling (pudding mix, cream cheese, whipped topping, etc.) see recipe card at the end of this post. 😊
- For the strawberry portion of the filling, rather than using fresh strawberries inside the cake, I decided to use strawberry preserves— they packed more of a punch on the strawberry flavor. Fresh strawberries sort of got lost in the middle of all of the cake and pudding!
- My Vanilla Buttercream Recipe.
- If you’re sticking to a minimal finish as I do in my video, one batch is all you need! I do suggest splitting it in half to make half softer and half more firm!
- If you’re going to completely cover the cake for an opaque finish and more ornate decorating, double the recipe! I would keep about 1/4 as a stiff consistency and the rest can be softer for decorating!
- … more crushed Oreos… (about 10)
- I finished this beauty with a “naked” buttercream finish. I topped with swirls of vanilla buttercream, fresh strawberries, and Golden Oreos.
- If you want to see exactly how I did it, check out the video here!
- Shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have! I’d love to help!
- You can also shoot me a DM on Instagram or TikTok @wildflourmama and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Ready to take your baking to the next level?
Click below to get your copy of my FREE Guide: 7 Secrets to Making Stellar Cakes!